Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ad Hoc: Buttermilk Biscuits

In addition to the lamb I posted about, I made fresh buttermilk biscuits from Ad Hoc.  I was shocked to discover that it literally took 5 minutes longer than making bisquick biscuits, but tasted about ten times better (and i'm about a thousand times less likely to get angry throwing away yet another box of bisquick since the buggys got to it!)



Basically, I just dumped the dry ingredients into the food processor, and pulsed a couple of times to combine.

Then, I put in the butter (cut into pieces), and pulsed a few more times until it was incorporated.


Next, that whole mixture was dumped into a bowl.  I dug out a well, and threw in the buttermilk.


Finally, I mixed (mostly with my fingers, so I could tell when it was "just combined"), tossed on the mass onto the counter, and "patted" into something resembling a square.  Or maybe rectangle.



Biscuit cutter in action, then a little buttermilk on top, and into the oven they went!


17 minutes later, I had beautiful golden brown biscuits.

 The whole thing took 30 minutes from start to finish.  And more than half of that was cooking time!!!!  I'm making fresh homemade biscuits all the time now.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment