Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dinner 8: Back from the Land of the Blog-lost

That title?  Is a complete lie.  I actually made this well before I moved (for my husband's birthday... in June!)

But since i've done menus in advance for all of my other posts, here is the menu:

Starter: "Caesar Salad:" Parmigiano-Reggiano Custards with Romaine Lettuce, Anchovy Dressing, and Parmesan Crisps
First: Hearts of Palm with Puree of Marrow Beans and Field Greens
(yes, I realize this was two salads, but I also had two picky eaters, and thought salads might go over better)
Main: "Macaroni and Cheese:" Butter poached lobster with creamy lobster broth and mascarpone-enriched orzo
Dessert: Chocolate Fondant with Coffee Cream and Chocolate Dentelles

The fantastic thing about this was that I was able to make two entire courses beforehand (other than assembly)... and that I got to use a BLOWTORCH when cooking.  You have no idea how I excited I was about that... but you will soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment